/* Nested Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ /* --------------------------------------------- Expandable post: initializing java variables ----------------------------------------------- */

Monday, December 10, 2007

*Sweete Sounds* Nursery Rhymes and Songs

Assalamu aleikum,

I am fond of children's songs and nursery rhymes: I see them as a wonderful early form of expression that can aid development in multiple ways, as well as serving as a very accessible educational tool. Plus, they're fun!

I grew up on English nursery rhymes. These can now seem dated and have lost some of their relevance, but they can be nice to read over if you're interested, if only for the historical significance. You can view one of the earliest texts, the Halliwell "Nursery Rhymes of England" (1846) here, courtesy of Presscom: http://www.presscom.co.uk/nursery.html

You can find various Arabic songs for kids at http://www.enshad.net/kids/. If you're looking for unaccompanied songs, I recommend the حـديقة الأخـلاق (Garden of Character) series; the songs are mostly sung by فـوزي الـسـعـيد(Fawzy Al-Sa'eed) in the Gulf dialect.

I myself find learning simple rhymes helps me in the acquisition of new languages. Here are some Japanese rhymes; Zou-san is my favourite.

http://www.thejapanesepage.com/songs.htm

I recommend you make up your own nursery rhymes; those are always the most fun, and you can incorporate moral/religious themes if you so wish.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home